- the application of new solutions that meet new requirements, inarticulate needs, or existing market demands;
- something new, novel, and important that breaks into (or obtains a foothold in) a market or society;
- the introduction of something new or different;
- a new idea, method, or device;
- an improvement to something already existing;
- the act or process of innovating.
- a non-linear dynamic system transforming vague ‘concepts’ into ‘solid’ forms in a somewhat unpredictable fashion.
Innovation is creativity applied for a new or novel result.